FISCal Cents

Daily tips to help you manage your money better!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 26 and No Starbucks!

So me and my family have been challenging each other to save money...as much as we can...this year. One big expense was eating out every Friday night. The average ticket was about $38 plus tip. We have opted to eat out only 1 time each month and make homemade piiza on the other Fridays. Savings...$130

This doesn't include the last minute runs to McDonalds or Culvers because we were "too tired to cook" That was about another $50 per week. Now we stay home and cook. It might be Mac N Cheese and Spam but the Savings.....$200

I also decided to cut all trips to McDonalds for coffee or to Starbucks for even better coffee. Average was about $4 per work morning. Now I pack my breakfast and drink work coffee. Savings...$80.00

We also decided to stop any gas station runs for soda, water, candy, whatever...this was probably about $10 per week. Savings.....$40

When we get our tax return, we are going to pay off our vehicles...CAN"T WAIT! That payment is $400 per month.......Savings.....$400

I started making my own laundry soap. I was an avid TIDE user to the tune of $9 per jug. The homemade stuff works just as good and only costs $3 for 10 GALLONS! (Yes you heard me right). Savings....about $10 per month

MONTHLY GRAND TOTAL SAVINGS (drum roll please)........$860!!!!!!!

Can you say....Cha Ching??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home